Proxy Server functions as a mediator between the internet and your Windows 10 PC device. The server helps in sending messages and requests to other servers, websites, and lots of accessible services on the internet and this article is all about How to Set Up a Proxy in Windows 10 – Creating a proxy on windows 10 Giving a typical example, let’s assume you use your web browser to visit www.onlinetorch.com then your browser is fully ready to use a proxy server.
Once you type www.onlinetorch.com your request is immediately sent to the proxy server. Then the server transmits the request to another server where the website was hosted. The online torch homepage is sent back to the proxy server which ends up returning the homepage directly to you.
One of the prominent reasons why Proxy Server is mostly used by companies is the fact that it saves them bandwidth. it might interest you to know that Proxy Server compresses files, traffic, cache, web pages gotten from the internet and most especially, it has the ability to strip ads from websites before they get to your computer.
Set up a proxy using an automatic configuration script
AUTHOR’S NOTE: Although window 10 by default settings is automatically designed to connect and detect proxy networks. Moreover, it is usually not the case when is connecting with a company’s or business server. So, therefore, the best way is to set or configure a special script address like http://my.proxy.server:8000/.
Follow the following steps;
- Click your Windows 10 Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- You should see and select from the list of the network- and Internet-related settings appear.
- Select Proxy.
- You should see and select from the list of available proxy settings appears.
- In the Automatic Proxy Setup section, set the Use Setup Script switch to On.
- Enter the script address as it was given to you; then click Save.
- Close Settings.
- Setting up an automatic proxy configuration script.
- To disable the proxy, follow the same steps and, at Step 4, switch to OFF.
Generate a proxy server manually
There are various ways to set up a proxy server manually and one of them is to access the IP address and port number manually. The address of every proxy server is quite alike to the address of any computer on the network. for instance, it can appear as 249.680.1.366. the port is made of numerical combinations that are compulsory consist of up to four numbers. It consists of various combinations of digit so it’s very possible to come across something like;30 or 3030. This solely depends on how the administrators arrange or set it.
The IP address and port of your company’s proxy server are given to you by the network administrator or by the company’s ICT department. Here’s how to set a proxy manually in Windows 10:
- Click Settings.
- Click the Network & Internet.
- The list of the network- and Internet-related settings appears.
- Click Proxy.
- The list of available proxy settings appears.
- In the Manual Proxy Setup section, set the Use a Proxy Server switch to On.
- In the Address field, type the IP address.
- In the Port field, type the port.
- Click Save; then close the Settings window. Setting up a proxy server manually.
- To disable the proxy, follow the same steps; at Step N0 4 and switch it OFF
We know this article was useful to you please leave a comment or suggestion below about How to Set Up a Proxy in Windows 10 – Creating a proxy on windows 10