Do you feel unsaved when your children use their computer because of some websites, or you want to stop various website on your Web browser especially Google Chrome? We have got you covered with this awesome article on methods to block websites on chrome on your PC and the steps are not complex like other browser would be. So, lets make Chrome our default Browser and hit the ground running.
We are going to discuss in detail, the methods you can block websites on your chrome Browser using your Mac and Personal Laptop/Computers. Please We advise our readers to follow the steps keenly and appreciate the work.
How to Block Websites on Chrome Using DNS
In case you are wondering what’s (DNS) means, it is simply “Domain Name System” Example ‘Onlinetorch.com’. So, Google Chrome browser have an built-in DNS configuration option. You just need to change DNS for chrome browser and allow your Windows DNS unchanged. Therefore, from the custom DNS settings, Chrome have or comes with various DNS preset. See below how to block illegal and other adult content websites.
- Open Google Chrome settings.
- Open option Privacy and Security from the left pane.
- Click on Security option.
- Under “Advanced”, toggle on “Use Secure DNS.”
- Choose the “With” option and choose CleanBrowsing (Family Filter) from the dropdown menu.
- If for instance you want custom website filtering with custom DNS, choose “Custom” from the menu and enter your DNS Name details.
When you are done with CLEANBROWSING DNS and other forms of custom setting filtering, you will notice that certain websites will be automatically blocked on your Google Chrome Browser and your Children PC and Computer will be blocked from accessing adult website or adult related contents.
RELATED:6 Key Secrets for Growing Your Business Fast
How to Block a Website on Chrome Using Extensions
. Using DNS works but not in all websites, so we have another way to block some site which is by using Extensions. Important thing about using extensions to block websites is that you will not have to choose the websites you want to get rid off, which makes it more effective to use. We have so many Google Chrome extensions that let you block websites you want to avoid distraction while working or to keep your children safe on the Internet.
The pictures and wording would explain better below;
- Visit your Chrome Webstore and install Block Site – Website Blocker extension.
- After installing, click on the extension icon on Chrome.
- Open the Settings gear icon.
- Make sure the BlockSite is toggled on.
- Choose the websites you want to block and click the plus sign“+” button.
- In case you to add to whitelist specific websites and block all other websites, click on the “Whitelist mode” option under the field.
- If you want to block social media websites during work time, go to the Work Mode option.
Apart from the Block Site extension, you can get several other browser extensions for Google Chrome to block websites. Most of them are free and comes with premium plans for unlimited site blocking.
Both the DNS method and the chrome extension methods work across Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating Systems. You can block websites on Chrome with these methods much efficiently.
Please note with Block Site, you can block websites by either + or clicking on it icons and there is no time or options for entering Websites manually again.
I believe you find this article on Methods to Block Websites on Chrome on Your PC useful. please we will gladly welcome your questions and suggestion in the comment box below.